Robert Anthony Salvatore (eng.
Robert Anthony Salvatore ; born January 20, 1959) is an American science fiction writer, best known for his novels on the Universes of Forgotten Kingdoms and Star Wars ". Biography Robert Salvatore was born in Leominster, Massachusetts. While in college, he became interested in literature, especially fantasy, after reading JRR Tolkien`s The Lord of the Rings. He graduated from university with a Bachelor of Science in Communications and later received a Bachelor of Arts in English. In 1982, he began writing science fiction, his first work was a novel called Echoes of the Fourth Magic, which was initially rejected by the publisher. The book was not published until 1990, after Salvatore`s success with the dark elf trilogies was successful. Bob is married, wife Diana, children Brian, Gino and Caitlin. Bob also had an older brother, Harry Salvatore, who died in 2000 of cancer. Salvatore often devotes books to all his relatives. The Salvatore fa...
Robert Anthony Salvatore (eng. Robert Anthony Salvatore ; born January 20, 1959) is an American science fiction writer, best known for his novels on the Universes of Forgotten Kingdoms and Star Wars ".
Robert Salvatore was born in Leominster, Massachusetts. While in college, he became interested in literature, especially fantasy, after reading JRR Tolkien`s The Lord of the Rings. He graduated from university with a Bachelor of Science in Communications and later received a Bachelor of Arts in English. In 1982, he began writing science fiction, his first work was a novel called Echoes of the Fourth Magic, which was initially rejected by the publisher. The book was not published until 1990, after Salvatore`s success with the dark elf trilogies was successful. Bob is married, wife Diana, children Brian, Gino and Caitlin. Bob also had an older brother, Harry Salvatore, who died in 2000 of cancer. Salvatore often devotes books to all his relatives. The Salvatore family has three dogs and four cats named after the characters in his books: Artemis, Ivan, Guenhwyvar and others.
Books on the RPG universe brought him fame Forgotten Realms. Salvatore participated in the Forgotten Realms literature project from the very beginning, and his very first book, Crystal Shard, was a great success. At the moment, Salvatore is the most famous and most prolific author of the Forgotten Realms: he has more than two dozen novels and several collections of stories on his account. Most of these books focus on Salvatore`s most famous character, Drizzt Do`Urden (sometimes translated as "Drizzt"), a drow ranger, a renegade of his people who fights for his notions of good and justice. Comics were drawn based on the books about the dark elf. Also known are the Cleric quintet and Sellswords series. Wizards of the Coast, the owner of the rights to the universe, has appointed Salvatore as one of the chief editors of this setting, and under his direction the multi-author War of the Spider Queen series is being published. In addition, Salvatore wrote the plot for the computer game "Demon Stone" (2004), also based on the Forgotten Realms universe.
Robert Salvatore is also best known for his work on the Star Wars universe - the novel Vector Prim, the first book in the New Jedi Order series, and the novelization of the second episode Attack of the Clones ". While working on Vector-Prim, Salvatore planned to "kill" one of the main characters, perhaps even Luke Skywalker. However, George Lucas did not sanction such a drastic plot twist, and Robert was ordered to "kill" Chewbacca, one of the most popular characters in the universe. Many fans decided that Salvatore made this decision on his own, after which he began to receive threats.
Robert`s work is not limited to books about Forgotten Realms and Star Wars. One of his most famous works is the Demonwars series, which takes place in his own fantasy world. The series includes about a dozen books, and a graphic novel was also created based on it. Also among the books of Salvatore - the fantasy trilogy "Scarlet Shadow" and the trilogy Spearwielder`s Tales (Tales of the Copenorate) in the spirit of ironic fantasy. Robert took part in the creation of the game Quake III Arena - he wrote the lines for the computer-controlled bots. [collapse collapsed title = Bibliography:]
• Dark Elf trilogy:
* Renegade (Homeland, 1990) (Between 1297DR and 1328DR) * Exile (1990) (Between 1338DR and 1340DR) * Warrior (Sojourn, 1991) (Between 1340DR and 1347DR)
• Icewind Valley Trilogy "(Icewind Dale trilogy):
* The Crystal Shard (1988) (Between 1351DR and 1356DR) * Streams of Silver (1989) (1356DR) * The Curse of the Ruby ( The Halfling`s Gem, 1990) (Between 1356DR and 1357DR)
• Legacy Of The Drow:
* The Legacy, 1992 (1357DR) * "Starless Night" (Starless Night 1993) (1357DR) * "Invasion of Darkness" (Siege of Darkness1994) (1358DR) * "Path to Dawn" (1996) (1364DR)
• Series "Paths of Darkness (Paths Of Darkness):
* Silent Blade (1998) (1364DR) * Spine of the World (1999) (Between 1365DR and 1369DR) * Servant of the Shard (2000) (1366DR) - Now in the Sellswords Trilogy * Sea of Swords (2001) (Between 1369DR and 1370DR)
• Trilogy The Hunter`s Blades:
* The Thousand Orcs, 2002 (1370DR) * The Lone Drow, 2003 (1370DR) * The Two Swords, 2004 (Between 1370DR and 1371DR)
• Sellswords Trilogy:
* Servant of the Shard, 2000 (1366DR) * Promise of the Witch King (2005) (1370DR) * Road of the Patriarch (2006) (between 1370DR and 1371DR)
• Transitions: h2> * The Orc King (September 2007) (1371DR and 1471DR prologue and epilogue) * The Pirate King (October 2008) * The Ghost King (October 2009)
• Cleric quintet series: * Canticle (1991) (1361DR) * In Sylvan Sh adows, 1992) (1361DR) * Night Masks (1992) (1361DR) * Fallen Fortress, 1993 (Between 1361DR and 1362DR) * The Chaos Curse, 1994 (1362DR)
• RA Salvatore`s War of the Spider Queen: * Richard Byers - Dissolution (2002) (1372DR) * Thomas Reid - Insurrection (2002) (1372DR) * Richard Baker - Condemnation (2003) (1372DR) * Lisa Smedman - Extinction (2004) (1372DR) * Philip Ethans - Annihilation "(Annihilation, 2004) (1372DR) * Paul Kemp -" The Return "(Resurrection, 2005) (1372DR)
•" Stone of Tymora "series: * The Stowaway, 2008 * The Shadowmask, 2009
• Chronicles of Ynis Aielle trilogy: * Echoes of the Fourth Magic, 1990 * The Witch`s Daughter, 1991 * Bastion of Darkne ss), 2000
• The Spearwielders Tale: * The Woods Out Back, 1993 * The Dragon`s Dagger, 1994 * Dragonslayer`s Return, 1995
• The Crimson Shadow Trilogy: * The Sword of Bedwyr, 1994 * Lúthien`s Risky Game ( Luthiens Gamble, 1996 * The Dragon King, 1996
• The first saga The Demon Wars: * The Demon Awakens, 1997 * The Demon Spirit, 1998 * The Demon Apostle, 1999 * Mortalis, 2000
• The Demon Wars saga 2 : * Ascendance, 2001 * Togai Dragon (Transcendence), 2002 * Immortalis, 2003 * Trial by Fire, 2003
• Saga of the First King: * The Highwayman, 2004 * The Ancient, 2008 * The Dame, 2009
Star Wars • "Vector-prim" (2000) • "Star Wars. Episode II: Attack of the Clones "(film novelization)
Other works •" Tarzan: Epic Adventures "•" The Accursed Tower ", module for AD & amp; D 2nd edition • Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, script for a computer game The author has a bad habit of writing three or four books and starting a new series. In fact, this is one big series. It must be read in this order: 1. Renegade 2. Exile 3. Warrior 4. Crystal Shard 5. Silver Streams 6. Halfling`s Treasure 7. Legacy 8. Night without Stars 9. Siege of Darkness 10. Path to Dawn 11. Invisible Blade 12 The ridge of the world 13. Servant of the crystal - not about Drizzt, but by chronology. You can skip it. In short, here in chronology it is necessary to read the cycle "Mercenary Blades" 14. The spell of the sorcerer king is not about Drizzt, but according to chronology it is. You can skip 15. Road of the Patriarch - not about Drizzt, from the cycle "Mercenary Blades" 16. Sea of swords 17. Thousand orcs 18. Lone elf 19. Two swords 20. Orc king [/ collapse]