Editing an essay involves improving the text by correcting mistakes and eliminating poorly chosen phrases. The result of this work should be a concise, easy-to-understand text for readers. Many students prefer to edit essays without help.
What to do if a university or college student cannot edit an essay by himself/herself? The main thing is not to panic. Our professional essay editor is always ready to come to your aid. Just make an order on the website and the result won’t keep you waiting.
1. First of all, analyze the content of the text you have written: do the theses fully reflect the content of your original idea. Make sure the facts are accurate, there are no superfluous details, there are no deviations from the topic, and the text has completeness.
2. Check the consistency of the content. Make sure that the logic of the deployment of the topic is not broken. All parts of the text of the essay should be logically connected.
3. Determine whether words are used correctly; if necessary, specify the lexical meaning of words; check their lexical compatibility, and the appropriateness of the choice of synonyms (if necessary, use dictionaries).
4. Check for grammatical errors in the construction of word combinations and sentences.
5. Determine whether the stylistic unity of the text is not violated: whether words that do not correspond to the style of the text and its idea are not used; establish whether it is necessary to add or, on the contrary, to exclude emotional and expressive vocabulary in accordance with the stylistic task.
6. Conduct a spelling and punctuation analysis of the text: identify words that are difficult to spell and apply the appropriate rules; check the use of capital letters in proper names; sort out sentences in terms of the validity of their use of punctuation marks.
The most important thing in editing is to eliminate all mistakes. Otherwise, the essay will never get a high score.
I divide mistakes into:
typographic – typos, improper placement of dashes, spaces, quotation marks, and so on; On second reading, they are quite easy to fix;
Orthographic spelling; you can check it online or in Word;
Punctuation – punctuation, is a sore point for Internet writers and bloggers; you can also check online or in Word;
tautologies – inappropriate repetition of the same root words; re-read carefully and replace with synonyms;
syntactic – connection of words in a sentence; some mistakes can be found by online services and Word, but a person will always check better.
When you have finished, take the text away from you. Have a “day of silence,” don’t touch it, remove yourself from it. Why do that? A pause in your work can perceive the text of the essay in a more neutral way. Ideally, you should imagine as if you were working not with your text, but with a text written by another person. This approach will help you be more objective.
Reading a text with errors is always unpleasant. If a high level of literacy is not about you do not despair. Write more and more often. Over time you will be able to gain the necessary experience in this business.
Certainly, literacy is very important, but it’s never a substitute for creativity. As a last resort, you can always turn to professional essay editors who will quickly and efficiently eliminate all errors.